Wednesday, September 5, 2012

TEAM #Lessonplans

HEY YA'LLLLLL!!!! Ok. So I'm sitting here on my bed right now creating lesson plans for one of my teens. Her lesson is tomorrow and she is learning the concept of reading music. I've decided to teach concepts to the best of my ability using practical application. For example, my teen likes pop music! So what better way of learning the theory behind a pop song??? If you've read my last post, I posted videos of the songs that my students are currently learning! So yes, she is the one who is learning Adele "Someone Like You." Instead of learning it in the original key (A Major) I ordered sheet music offline that transposed the song to C Major. When I presented it to her last week she was EXCITED! lol I even had fun playing it myself lol! Anyways, I've decided to incorporate Play-Doh for my tactile approach. Note reading can be kind of difficult, even if you do know the "Every Good Boy Does Fine" and "FACE." This will be my first time using this approach so I'm really studying and creating ideas JUST FOR HER. This is MY belief: EACH student is different. Why not create lesson plans that center around each individual student???? With the help of God (LITERALLY) and the internet, ideas have fallen in my lap! Below are very recent pictures of 2 lesson plans I've used and will use. THEREFORE If you are in the Greenville, SC area and you are interested in taking piano lessons, you can contact me at bmajorpianostudio@gmail.com! Until then, 'B' Blessed ;-D

Since "Hot Cross Buns" was not in the method book, and I felt like it would be a easy and FUN song to learn, I created my own sheet music for my two sister girls! This was the "rough draft" here. I can honestly say they had a GREAT time jumping, spinning, patting, and stomping the beat yesterday! Lol as a treat I gave them Hot Cross Buns AKA Honey buns lol!!! They loved it!



These are my two sister girls!!! They are VERY energetic and they LOVE music! I'm sooooooooo looking forward to seeing them progress and 'B' Major musically! This pic was taken 3 weeks ago! (do you like my rainbow socks???) ha!


Here we Are!


Creating my lesson plan for teen girl for tomorrow! I PRAY that this concept will work. I will DEF keep ya'll posted!


No comments:

Post a Comment